Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sleepy

I can't sleep. It is finally starting to cool down outside. I got in the shower tonight, not only because I desperately needed one after a day like today, but because I thought if I went to bed damp I might be able to sleep.

Fuck evaporative cooling. I'm melting.

I went outside at about 8pm to cool off, but it was eerily still. There was no wind. And it was super windy today. It was as if the earth had stopped turning. I found it creepy. Even Candy was a little weirded out, and rushed back inside. The wind had picked up again by about 10:30.

Summer nights in Tucson are beautiful.


I'm praying for rain. It keeps threatening. The clouds haven't quite come together yet.

I have a feeling Emory will be born with the first big storm this summer. I don't know why. That just feels right.



Good morning, July.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

seriously. fuck evaporated cooling.