Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still no pictures

My laptop is DOA. I left my charger in CA. So I will post sweet nothings until I can get it set up again. Also I am waiting for pictures from Chloe.

I had a great time! The weather was perfect all week. 75ish and sunny. Damp and chilly at night. I relish being able to spend time with my family. It seems to come so seldom.

I came to a hearty realization this past week. I always knew that my mother had struggled in her early 20s. My aunt gave me some insight into how difficult things were for her then. It occurred to me that it must have been exceedingly difficult for my mother to watch her daughter struggle likewise. I called her today and thanked her for her strength. We are both making headway into getting better. It is a forever process. Sometimes I teeter precipitously on the edge of mental stability and complete insanity. In some ways, it was very freeing to just let go for a while. But I hurt a lot of people, including myself.

I started a diet today :/. We'll see how this goes. I am aiming to lose between 40-50lbs. I'll get to 40 and see how I feel.

In other news, I am going to train to run a 5k! I am hoping it can be an impetus to better fitness and quitting smoking. With some dilligence and perserverence I should be able to do it in about 6 weeks. Here I go world...


Missed connections has stepped up its game. I am loving it lately. I went to grill last night so I was a little put out when I saw this:


I saw you at grill last nite (title)

And you looked like a fucking idiot (body of message)


Ouch! Someone is a little bit bitter. Way to be the bigger person, and act like an adult. Get over yourself. But please, keep posting. I am hoping someone responds. Internet fights are the best.


PS that better not have been about me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to run the 5 k with you - which one are you running and when.